👏 A huge thanks to everyone who attended New York Travel Massive's Spring Mixer at Selina Chelsea last week (May 18) — a unique space for digital nomads nestled in a hotbed of new architecture in Manhattan’s Hudson Yards.
🚀 We're very proud to see the growth of Selina since our first event with them in January of 2020. At that time, we helped launch the property to the trade — the first of eight properties it now operates in the US.
🍸 Attendees enjoyed signature cocktails, catching up on exciting industry developments, while swapping updates on new roles and life changes over the years.
🕺 Movers and Shakers...
Here's a few shout-outs to some of the amazing members who attended:
• Executive leads from T2RL, an aviation technology consultancy over from Dallas and London, among them Cory Garner - former Head of Distribution of American Airlines.
• Philip Kennard (@philipkennard) and the exec team from cloud-based short term rental channel management platform FutureStay, riding high after the recent news of their Series A.
• Mitch Bach (@mitchbach) joined us with news he was one of a trio of successors, taking over the Tourpreneur community from the legendary Shane Whaley.
• John Matson (@matson) and Campbell Hyers — co-founders of Location Engine
• Nick Wayland (@nick-wayland), TravMedia CEO, made it just in time, having stepped off a red eye from Sydney, Australia.
• Pauline Frommer and the folks behind the former Times Journeys.
• Other attendees included new hires at the likes of Virtuoso and host agency Fora.
• Thanks to Jessica Sophia Wong (@sillydrunkfish) for some great Insta stories!
Thank you everyone for coming out to our May event and stay tuned for more great events throughout the year, with sponsors and programming to follow.
👋 See who else attended over at travelmassive.com/events/spring-mixer-at-the-selina-chelsea-1103108068
About the author, Tom Buckley
This event recap is by Tom Buckley (@tombuckleynyc), co-lead of the NYC Travel Massive. Tom is Chief Commercial Officer at Dune7 (dune7.co), a digital and brand strategy agency, focused on helping travel and tech brands grow. B2B clients include the likes of Sherpa°, Beeyonder and Battleface while B2C clients include brands such as Hornblower’s City Experiences and multiday tour operators such as Explore Worldwide.
👉 Learn more at dune7.co or get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Link copied to clipboard