Join us to experience, for the first time in Montenegro, the stunning starry skies, at two pilot locations - the lush gardens of FitCamp Montenegro at 900 m and the fresh air of Vučje at 1.400m altitude.
☄️ The peak of the Perseid Meteor shower occurs on August 12th, when stargazers can expect to see 80-100 meteors per hour if the skies are clear. We have prepared this innovative new offer for our travel industry community and individual travellers to promote Montenegro for its biggest assets: pure nature and great hospitality - to enjoy and relax.
✨ What you can expect:
• Introduction to the topic, great for unique travel and offer diversification with sustainability
• Visit Dark Skies - a branded offer from FitCamp Montenegro and Tourist Center Vučje
• group stargazing experience with audio-tour experience onsite
• glass of wine, home-made juice or locally sourced tea
• night photography with Dejan, an experienced photographer and graphic designer whose photos are the official representation of our stargazing experience in Montenegro
• Before or after the event, you can enjoy home-made meals & local drinks
• Networking and meeting like-minded people!
If all the above is your cup of (local herbal) tea, wait no longer.
🗓️ The event starts on August 12th at 19:30, and the places are limited (ca. 15 people per location), along the principle of first come - first served, as we care about the right atmosphere, for a valuable experience for all.
ℹ️ FitCamp Montenegro and Tourist Centre Vucje are the official license holders of the Visit Dark Skies concept and are the only 2 locations in Montenegro where you can indulge in the starry night with guidance. See more about VisitDarkSkies here: www.visitdarkskies.com
👉 Registration is open — join us!
We are looking forward to seeing you soon. Thumbs up for a beautiful starry sky on the night of the Perseid.
Kind regards from the hosts & helping hands,
Andjela, Andja, Kirsi & Slavica
✅ Practical advice on what to wear and what to bring (we love to think & act green):
• Contact each other for car/taxi sharing or take a train/bus to Niksic and then to your location.
• Get dressed comfortably but with extra layers - nights in the mountains are cold.
• You may bring a thermos (or reusable, unbreakable) bottle for fill-ups with wild herbs/tea.
• Please try to avoid single-use plastic bottles and cans.
• There are furry friends with us – they are super friendly, but if you are allergic: please let us know - we will be outdoors and take care that you are not bothered.
• Any questions about this event? Send a message.
• Share your experience with #TravelMassiveMNE - #theNextLevelOfVacation - #Vucje - #VisitDarkSkies - #MontenegroWildBeauty - #StargazingMontenegro - #DisconnectToReconnect