About Us G Adventures is the world’s largest small-group adventure travel company and we’ve been making epic travel memories happen on all seven continents for over 30 years.
Our mission is simple: to change lives through travel. And not just our travellers’ either. Since day one, our tours have been built to establish meaningful relationships with local communities, directly benefiting the people and places we visit at every step of our tours.
With the demand for travel coming back strong, we are set up and excited for this next chapter in our company’s story — and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
Our DNA revolves around building, nurturing, and developing a diverse culture of people and a true sense of belonging, where everyone is encouraged to bring their authentic self to work each and every day. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, and yourself, alongside a passionate, talented, and welcoming community that works hard to spread goodness around the world.
If all that sounds like your kind of thing, well, we can’t wait for you to join us.
About the Role
The Global Connection Officer (GCO) is a sales catalyst, relationship developer, service zealot, organizational wizard, traveller, trainer, problem solver, and company culture enthusiast all rolled into one! G Adventures is a company that prides itself on changing lives through travel. We have a company culture based around unique core values that we live and breathe every single day. G Adventures has 26 years of success behind us, proven through double digit sales growth year on year, and a global family with 7 regional sales teams, 5 sales offices and 25 local offices. Your mission as a GCO if you choose it, is to connect with our travellers and agency partners; recommending and selling them the right trips based on their unique needs.
What you’ll be doing
• Reach monthly sales targets while driving exceptional customer service KPIs
• Work with both speed and efficiency while consistently displaying compassion and care in every interaction
• Handle any booking issues calmly and with empathy
• Differentiate your service to provide a uniquely G experience for our travellers
How your Mission is Achieved:
• Connect with our prospective travellers both over the phone and via email
• Ask the right questions to ascertain the needs of each unique traveller
• Recommend and sell the right trip for the traveller based on their needs including any extra services that may enhance their experience.
• Ensure the use of correct booking processes and procedures to minimize risk and reduce error rates
• Act at all times with the purpose of providing a life changing experience
• Be an integral part of G Adventures amazing company culture and live by the G Adventures Core values.
• Make meaningful connections with both the global team (including over 100 GCOs) but also your travellers.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Minimum 1 year front-line sales experience, motivated by revenue targets and service KPIs
• A love of sales and travel
• Experience using a GDS system, preferably Amadeus
• Superior selling skills & exceptional customer service skills are required
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills
• Problem solving/complaint resolution skills
• Extensive geographical knowledge & travel experience
• Flexible and energetic, with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Ability to work varying shifts and weekends as required
• Ability to navigate and use a variety of computer systems confidently with speed and efficiency
• Understanding of, and identification with, G Adventures’ Core Values
• Enjoy being a part of a global team
What do we offer you?
• Competitive salary commensurate with the role
• Competitive benefits package
• Birthday day off
• Vacation time for you to recharge
• Enhanced Parental Leave
• Learning and growth opportunities
How to apply:
G Adventures is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations. If you require accommodation, please reach out to the Global Talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org