For their second Travel Massive gathering, Lusaka (Zambia) held an event about storytelling on February 28, 2020.
This event recap was written by Lusaka chapter leader Patience Tropo. Patience is a Tourism and Promotions Officer for the Zambia Tourism Agency. She is passionate about the tourism industry and a strong believer in the power of networking.
Storytelling in Tourism Our event featured a presentation on Storytelling in Tourism by Cobus van Zyl, Chief Executive Officer of the marketing and advertising agency ADLAB // McCann (www.adlabmccann.com), who shared how to use creativeness in this industry to fuel your storytelling.
We also heard the story of Proflight Zambia (proflight-zambia.com) from their Reservations and Customer Services Manager, Zola Khodowe, who shared how the airline was started and has contributed to Zambia’s domestic tourism industry for the past 25 years.
Supported by… A big thank you to all of our amazing sponsors and supporters for this event:
* Proflight Zambia (proflight-zambia.com) – a locally owned (and the country’s leading) airline, established in 1991. They provided the grand prize of two return tickets to any of their destinations. Congrats to our winner Hildah Nakatunga!
* Royal Zambezi (www.royalzambezilodge.com) – a beautiful luxury lodge found in the Lower Zambezi National Park. They offered a branded golf cap to another raffle prize winner, Georgina Makezere.
* Royal Air Charters (www.royalaircharters.com) – operating private charters in Zambia. Thanks for providing a branded golf shirt to winner Jessy Lengwe.
* Best Western Plus Lusaka Grand Hotel (www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/hotels-in-lusaka/best-western-plus-lusaka-grand-hotel/propertyCode.75700.html) – a centrally located hotel in Lusaka, which hosted our event.
* Sifmak Music Systems (www.facebook.com/Sifmak-music-Systems-1387351161526326/timeline/), which played music during the event.
* Georgia Lewis of ADLAB // McCann (www.adlabmccann.com), who sponsored the design of the invitation cards and flyers.
* Khumba Guy for being my co-host and for all his help during the preparation of this event.
* Janet and Kelly for their help on the registration desk.
Many thanks to everyone who attended this event!
Link copied to clipboard
How To Be A Responsible Underwater Photographer
A guide to responsible scuba diving photography
Webinar Replay – Awesome Travel Stories: Cycling from Berlin to Nordkapp
Hear from cycling enthusiast Lukas Sentner
Replay: Travel Startups Show & Tell with Pilota, GetAboutAble, and CityGuyd
Hear from travel startups based in NYC, Canberra, and Miami
Hoi An / Da Nang Photography for Your Business to Stand out
Trips and tricks from professional photographers Etienne Bossot and Frederik Wissink
Creating change through (Re-)Cycling Tours in Tanzania
Interview with Goodluck Minja, co-founder of One Bike Tanzania